A hearty home-cooked meal – It’s the best Father’s Day gift you give him!
When it comes to Father’s Day, what dad wants most of all is quality time with the family and a chance to take a load off but a hearty home-cooked meal. If you enjoy cooking, make sure to treat him to a feast. Set the table nicely and bring it out to him to create a restaurant experience at home.
When it comes to delicious, easy dinner ideas for dads, we’ve got you covered – from fancier sit-down meals to easy cook-ups, these chef-approved simple and easy to cook recipes will let you have more time with the fam. No matter which menu you choose, the gift of good food and laughter will show how much you care! Don’t forget to serve it up with an extravaganza cocktail.
Wholesome Meal Options To Complete Today’s Special Menu – Father’s Day
1. Chicken Cafreal Taco By Sahil Desai, Executive Chef, Taj Holiday Village Resort & Spa, Goa (Father’s Day)
The traditional Mexican favourite blends with authentic Goan flavour bringing together the best of both worlds in a sumptuous delight of easy-to-make nibbles.
- Chicken: 400 gm
- Lemon Juice: 15 ml
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Cafreal Masala: 150 gm
- Taco Shell: 2 no
- Pickled Onions: 1 no
- Cherry Tomatoes: 4 no
- Bell Pepper: to garnish
- Coriander Sprigs : to garnish
For Cafreal Masala
- Fresh coriander: 500 gm
- Mint leaves: 100 gm
- Green chillies: 100 gm
- Ginger: 50 gm
- Garlic: 150 gm
- Peppercorn: 10 gm
- Cinnamon : 10 gm
- Green Cardamom: 10 gm
- Cloves: 5 gm
- Jeera: 10 gm
- Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
- Capsicum: 100 gm
- Wash coriander, mint leaves, ginger, garlic and chillies.
- Add the spices and grind the ingredients to form a smooth paste.
- Add salt and turmeric to the chicken.
- Coat the chicken with Cafreal masala and marinate for 1-2 hrs.
- Once the chicken is marinated, skewer the chicken on satay sticks.
- Heat oil on a pan, increase the heat, add the marinated chicken and cook on both sides for 10-15 mins until charred and turns brown.
- Finish with a dash of lemon juice and shred the chicken.
Assembly Of The Taco
- Fill the taco shell with shredded chicken cafreal.
- Add the above mentioned accompaniments and finish it with dollop of sour cream.
2. Super Kombucha Cocktail By Belvedere Vodka (Father’s Day)
This tastes best with warm sweets like cinnamon treats or apple pie. Also, you can have an outstanding pair with a cheese board with dates and nites and a drizzle of honey.
- Belvedere Vodka – 40 ml
- Honey – 15 ml
- Fresh Lime Juice – 20 ml
- Kombucha – 60 ml
- Dash of Angosutra Bitters
- Garnish with a lime wheel
- Place all the ingredients in a shaker except the Kombucha and shake with ice
- Strain into a coupe and and top off with ice cold Kombucha
- Garnish with a lime wheel
3. Alle Belle, By Rishi Manucha, Executive Chef, Taj Fort Aguada Resort & Spa, Goa (Father’s Day)
A traditional Goan Sweet Crepe Roll, Alle Belle is a delectable rice pancake stuffed with Palm Jaggery and Coconut Filling accentuated with the favour of cardamom.
- Rice – ½ cup
- Egg – 1
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Vanilla essence – 2 drops
- Palm Jaggery – 100 gm
- Grated Coconut – 100 gm
- Cashew Nuts – 50 gm
- Cardamom Powder – ½ tsp
- Butter – For Frying
- Soak rice in water for an hour.
- Grind the rice along with salt, water and egg until the batter is thin, add vanilla essence
- In a non-stick pan, apply butter and pour a thin layer of the batter to get very thin crepes.
- For the filling, mix grated palm jaggery, coconut, cashew nuts and cardamom powder.
- Using the filling roll the pancakes into cylinders and serve.
4. Pomme Highball By Belvedere Cocktail (Father’s Day)
- Belvedere Vodka – 45 ml
- Pressed Apple Juice – 60 ml
- Lime Juice – 20 ml
- Sugar Syrup – 10ml
- 2 turmeric dusted cucumber slices to garnish
- Top with Soda Water
- Add all ingredients to a highball glass and fill with ice.
- Stir to combine.
- Top with soda water. Garnish with 2 turmeric dusted cucumber slices.
5. Apple Pie, By Chef Jose Thomas, Executive Chef, Vivanta Goa, Panaji (Father’s Day)
Father’s Day is said to have originated in the United States. This Father’s Day, celebrate the origin of this wonderful tribute with the popular American Apple Pie.
For the short crust dough:
- Refined Flour – 300 gm
- Butter -150 gm
- Icing Sugar – 150 gm
- Cold Water – 30 ml
- Milk – 30 ml
- Grain Sugar – 10 ml
For the mixture:
- Apple – 4 no (peeled and sliced)
- Grain Sugar – 200 gm
- Raisons – 30 gm
- Cinnamon Powder – 03 gm
- Nutmeg Powder – 1 gm
- Fresh Cream – 100 ml
- Butter – 100 gm
- Soften the butter with a spatula and add icing sugar followed by refined flour and cold water to form a dough. Cover with cling film and keep it aside in the refrigerator.
- Take a non-stick pan, heat it on slow fire, add grain sugar and stir till it melts and turns light brown in colour.
- Add butter, once mixed add cream and bring to boil. Add apple slices and cook in the sauce for 6-8 minutes. Once the mixture is cooked, keep aside to cool.
- Divide the dough into two parts of 30% and 70% respectively.