Nestled in seven acres of tranquil grounds, Chiva-Som is the “Heaven of Life” – a beachfront Health & Wellness resort dedicated to revitalising the mind, body and spirit in Hua-Hin, Thailand. Keeping us equipped with tools to reset our lifestyle, they guide us to some healthy recipes.
Good nutrition is the prime key to a wholesome life. The best way to boost your immune system is on a wholefood, low sugar diet. The more nutrient-dense foods you can get in on the daily, the better.
Chiva-Som’s ‘Immune Aid’
This delicious drink contains a number of healthy ingredients, each with its own health benefits. Apples and beetroot are high in antioxidants like vitamin C which can help reduce the duration and severity of colds. Beetroot is also a powerful vasodilator which can improve blood flow, reduce blood pressure and improve overall cardiovascular health. Ginger, while famous for its digestive benefits also contains powerful compounds which can lower inflammation as well as improve anti-oxidant enzyme function in our bodies.
Ingredients: 1 1/2 large carrots 15 g (½ oz) beetroot 1.5 cm (2/3 inch) piece ginger 1 red apple
Method: Juice all of the ingredients, then pour into a glass and serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving: Kilocalories – 214 kcal; Protein – 4.1 g; Carbohydrate – 49.6 g. Total fat – 1.2 g. Serves 1
Ingredients: Red curry paste -1 tsp, Coconut milk -100 ml, Coconut water – 200ml, Roasted almond meal – 50mg, Soy sauce – 1 and a half tsp, Tamarind cider – 1 tsp, Cucumber relish – 4 tsp, Soy milk – 100ml, 4 blocks of extra firm tofu cut into 3*3 cm cubes, White sesame seeds 200gm, Black sesame seeds – 12gm, Wooden skewers – 12
- To make the almond curry sauce, place the red curry paste and 31/3 tbsp of the coconut milk in a saucepan and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the remaining coconut milk, coconut water, almond meal, soy sauce and tamarind cider, and stir. Simmer over low-medium heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture has reduced by half, then set aside.
- To prepare skewers, place the soy milk and tofu cubes in a bowl and allow them to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cubes from the soymilk and coat half of them in white sesame seeds and the other half in black sesame seeds.
- Place 3 cubes of tofu on to each skewer, alternating colours. Sear the skewers in a frypan over medium heat for 10 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked. Serve warm with cucumber relish and almond curry sauce.
Nutrients Per Servings: Kilocalories – 246 kcal; Protein – 10g; Carbohydrate – 12g. Total fat – 19 g.
Chiva-Som Resort Address: 73/4 Petchkasem Road, Tambon Nong Kae, Hua Hin District, Prachuap Khiri Khan 77110, Thailand
2 thoughts on “Chiva Som’s Wellness Cuisine Guide”
really useful. Many thanks for this remarkable blog post.